Thursday Thumbtacks: Man This NBA Year Is Weird (Plus Video: Why White Guys Shouldn’t Dunk)
No really, it is–I speaketh the truth. I don’t know what it is about the 06-07 season, but there just seems to be a maelstrom of incredibly weird/odd/shocking/funny in a sad way/sad news as we near the final stages of the regular season, none of which.. has to do with the game itself:
- nouveau-ball fiasco
- old-ball fiasco
- MSG 30 second fisticuffs fiasco
- Vegas fiasco
- Fiasco fiasco (that’s so going to be the name of my imaginary metal rap band)
- Amaechi selling books and the media-caused fiasco
- Tim Hardaway “[word greater] than fiasco”
- and now, Cedric Maxwell and his love for breakfast
Maxwell has since apologized here, but from the 300+ comments over at the FanHouse, I’d say Cornbread now has a hard time finding someone to make his…er… cornbread.
Anyways, back to the little point I was trying to go for before making another bad joke: what is up with this season’s off court deal? I mean, for a blogger, YES! But looking at it from a distance, I’d say it’s been hella weird. Maybe having so much media/blog scrutinizing everything, almost nothing falls into the cracks anymore? I’m not sure, just still, weird—I’m expecting any moment that a random player would come out and say they perfected time travel.
Onto the ‘Tacks:
ps: There’s a LOSTmobile now on the island?! WTF?
- CK on GA—that sound you hear is my mind being blown
- Money Players looks at retired sports player and their pensions. um.. Yay!
- !SPOILERz! Heroes is pretty much a fun show with horrible dialogue, and here’s a promo with a reveal of the big boss—and it’s KENNY ROGERS!!
- An-drea.Bar-gnan-i, here’s what’s insane about his shooting: it’s all upper body. And it’s not that he doesn’t jump, but the bottom half of his body may be off balanced and his shooting form is still good
And finally… a dunk contest gone horribly horribly wrong, but oh so funny (I’m going to hell regardless, but I laughed my arse off):
Note: good way to start a convo with a hot chick though:
“hey, sup? Um.. so uh.. wanna help me out in the dunk contest? Cool!”
[crashes into her]
“Ohhh no!.. I can’t believe I ‘fell’ into you…ha ha ha.”
Repeat steps 1 and 2 = instead love and/or restraining order + medical expenses (whichever..)